This project was funded, in part, with an Institute of Museum and Library Services LSTA grant.
Instructions for using this delivery service:
1. Request materials online, by calling your local Portage County District Library branch, or by calling 1-800-500-5179, ext 220. Indicate the Library Express location where you want to pick up your library materials. PLEASE NOTE: When calling a PCDL branch, Reed Memorial Library or Kent Free Library to place a request, you must specify that you are making a request for delivery to a Library Express location.
Aurora Express, 115 East Pioneer Trail, behind the Aurora Memorial Library
Brimfield Express, State Route 43 in Brimfield Plaza, next to Subway
Deerfield Express, 1450 State Route 14, next to the Deerfield Township Hall
Edinburg Express, 6856 Tallmadge Road, next to the Township Garage
Hiram Express, Located on Hayden Street, near the Post Office
Mantua Express, 11661 State Route 44, in front of the Cortland Bank
Randolph Express, 1639 State Route 44, adjacent to the Randolph Library
Rootstown Express, 4190 State Route 44, at the Rootstown Middle School
Shalersville, 9018 State Route 44, across the parking of the Christian & Missionary Alliance Church
*** You must have a library card from PCDL, Kent Free Library, or Reed Memorial Library (member libraries of the Portage Library Consortium) to use this service.
2. You will receive a phone call to let you know that your items will be available on the next business day. Library Express items are delivered Monday through Friday. On the day your items are checked out, you can pick up your delivery after 5:00 p.m. NOTE: Should you receive phone or email notification on Saturday or Sunday, you should expect your material(s) to be available on Monday after 5:00 p.m. For observed holidays, patrons can expect to have their materials delivered on the next day. Deerfield Express deliveries are made Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
IMPORTANT STATUS DEFINITIONS:
"In Transit" means item(s) on the way to the office.
"On Holdshelf" means that item(s) in the office, but NOT checked out.
If items are checked out, you can can expect delivery of item(s) after 5:00 pm the next business day. You will have (3) business days to pick up your materials or they will be returned to the office.
3. To retrieve your items, go to the Library Express location you selected and type in the last seven digits of your library card number, then press enter. The locker, or lockers, containing your library materials will automatically open. The items have already been checked out to you and the due date receipt will be attached.
4. Return materials to the book drop located next to the Library Express lockers. Please do not return materials to one of the locker openings.
5. You can renew your materials online, by calling a PCDL branch library, or by calling 1-800-500-5179, ext 220.
*** Your first library card is free of charge. There is a $1.00 charge for replacements.
If you do not have a card, you may stop by any Portage County library for an application. Patrons, ages 18 and over, may print out an application to complete and mail in. Approximately two weeks after receiving the completed application and consent form, a library card will be mailed to your home along with a copy of our lending policies.
Mail completed application form to:
Portage County District Library
ATTN Outreach Services Department
10482 South Street
Garrettsville, OH 44231